Is there anything special in terms of the working process and fees when it comes to the translation and notary service in Ho Chi Minh City? What are some important notes to bear in mind before using this service? All of these questions and more will be answered by Thao&Co. in the article below!
Vietnam’s increasing globalisation has resulted in the creation of various translation services. Particularly, in response to the growing demand of Vietnamese and foreigners to conduct business on a global scale, the translation and notary service in Ho Chi Minh City has been expanding exponentially in both quality and number.
Is there anything special in terms of the working process and fees when it comes to this specific type of translation service? What are some important notes to bear in mind before using the translation and notary service at Ho Chi Minh City? All of these questions and more will be answered by Thao & Co. in the article below!
Notarised translation is a 2-in-1 service which consists of translation and notarisation.
Translation means rendering the content of the document/paper from one language to another without changing the original meaning, allowing readers to access information in an accurate and speedy manner.
On the other hand, Notarisation is defined as the process during which the notary at a private notary office or a public one at district/city level verifies the translator’s identity and then signs and stamps the notary seal onto the translation.
Located at one of the most crucial economic centers in Vietnam, translation services in Ho Chi Minh City have been growing in an effort to meet increasing market demands. In particular, notarised translation service in District 1 remains one of the city’s most sought-after services due to the district’s outstanding growth.
Apart from being one of the requirements before consular authentication can be approved for documents/papers intended to be used abroad, the notary and translation service also serves the following important roles:
Choosing a translation agency that provides translation and notary service in Ho Chi Minh City for your documents/papers is a decision with far-reaching consequences as a poorly-done translation can result in many complications and problems in the future. Therefore, a professional working process capable of meeting the client’s every demand to deliver the perfect translation is what you need to be mindful of in your search for a suitable place to entrust your documents.
At Thao & Co., a credible translation agency in Ho Chi Minh City, the translation and notary service will be done in the following 6 steps:
Step 1: Receiving project information
After receiving all of the necessary documents and information, Thao & Co. will quickly notify you of the quote as well as the estimated translation time.
Step 2: Making payment
Apart from the three current popular payment methods of cash, bank transfer, and credit card, Thao & Co. also supports payment through PayPal, Payoneer, Transferwise, ACH, IBAN/BACS.
Step 3: Translating
After ensuring a clear understanding of the client’s request, the translator will begin to translate and make adjustments when necessary to produce a translation of the highest quality.
Step 4: Certifying the translation
If needed, Thao & Co. will provide a certification of translation accuracy completely free of charge attached with the translation.
Step 5: Notarisation
After the certification step, the translator will work with a notary to notarise the translation. If there is no issue, the notary’s signature and stamp will be placed onto the translation.
Step 6: Delivering the final work
When the translator has finished certifying and notarising the translation, you can access our proprietary platform and log into your personal account which will be provided beforehand to download the translation or request a hard copy.
For standard documents such as ID cards, passports, birth certificates, and marriage certificates, the translation time is usually 2-3 days. More complex documents will require a longer time to translate and edit.
Being a metropolis of significant economic, commercial, and tourism value, the translatation rate in Ho Chi Minh City will be priced differently in comparison to other areas. In general, the notarised translation rate in Ho Chi Minh City is mostly affected by:
1. The type of document: For standard documents such as ID cards, passports, birth certificates, and marriage certificates, there is usually a fixed rate which will be less costly than more complex papers.
2. Translation field: In addition, the translation rate will be calculated based on the translation field (complexity) of the document/paper.
3. Length: Lengthy documents and papers will require more time and efforts on the translator’s part to translate, edit, and format. Consequently, the translation will be priced higher and vice versa.
4. The language pair: Popular languages such as English, Korean, and Chinese will have a more competitive price as opposed to less common languages such as Lao or Thai due to the number of professional translators available.
5. Urgency: The client’s requested translation time can also affect how the translation will be priced. In urgent cases, you can opt for a prioritised translation service for an additional fee.
To maximise client’s convenience, Thao & Co. also supports online notarised translation. When a hard copy is requested, Thao & Co. will work with an appropriate shipping company to deliver the translation to you. Shipping fee will vary between areas.
When using translation and notary service, it is recommended that you pay special attention to the valid date as it will vary across different types of documents/papers. In Vietnam, there are 3 types of valid date for notarised translation as follow:
1. No expiration date: Papers and documents that have no expiration date include: academic transcripts, degrees, driver’s licenses, etc. as long as the original copy is not revoked, canceled, or invalidated.
2. Valid for a specific amount of time: Certificates of marital status, personal documents or papers, etc. will be valid for the amount of time specified by the law for that type of document or paper.
3. Valid for a short amount of time: Some documents/papers will only be valid for 6 months or according to the law: Medical certificates, criminal records, etc.
To avoid problems further down the road, it is best that you choose a professional and credible translation agency. It is not illegal to translate documents and papers by yourself for personal purposes. However, to be accepted for notarisation, the translation needs to be done by a professional translation agency or a translator with adequate degrees and expertise as required by the law.
Although translation service may be offered at a notary office, the translation quality will not be guaranteed as notaries are not language experts by any means. Because of this, the optimal solution would be translation agencies that support notarisation service. An accurate, high-quality translation will be the prerequisite of notarisation.
Should you be in need of translation and notary service in Ho Chi Minh City, one of the best options for you to consider is Thao & Co., a credible and full-service translation agency in the city. Thao & Co. commits to:
The above are key notes regarding translation and notary service in Ho Chi Minh City as well as other relevant information. To receive a free consultation or request a service at Thao & Co., access our Get a Quote page and leave your information.